Visit the biggest, the unique and most luxurious wineries of Pelješac peninsula.
- Private excursion from Dubrovnik to the Peljesac peninsula with a driver/ guide commentary about the region
- Visit to 3 wineries in the Peljesac region with guided tastings of 3 to 4 wines at each winery
- Taste Posip and plavac Mali wines
- Delicious „light“ local meal at the small local „konoba“
NOTE: hours are aproximate (becuse all tour are private and are designed for custumer needs and therefore exclusive with maximum flexsibility of custumer needs and request)
- 9:00 – Drive through the town of Ston and visit a local oyster farm with tasting of fresh oyster & mussels
- 10:00 – 10:15 – The first winery is Skaramuca Wines (the biggest vineyards in the region) where we will start with our first tasting of 5 different wines and enjoy a light sanck of local ham, dalmatian prosciutto, and cheese in the beautiful setting amidst the Dingac vineyard.
- 11:30 – At the second winery – the luxury, Korta Katrina wines, you’ll see the cellars and learn about the process of wine production of Posip and Plavac Mali wines whilst enjoying breathtakiing views over the Adriatiac sea and the island of Korcula.
- 13:30 – At the third winery, the unique Milos wines, it’ll be time to learn about wine & food pairing. So after briefly enjoying the tour of the the cellars we will make ourselves comfortable in the winery to taste the 5 unique wines, organic extravergin olive oil and cheese.
On our return we shall drive to Janjijna village to visit a local agrotourism „konoba“ for a typical Dubrovnik region meal consisting of starters (local produce /cheese, prosciutto, salami & bread with olive oil), some lovely home-made „peka“ ( traditional slow cooking process under the iron bell) or grilled meat (depending on the number of people) and finally finish off with a desert – all accompanied by a wine tasting of the fine selection of wines. Owner uses only his own food and ingredients and alos produces numerous liquers that can be purchased at the spot.
The wines tasted at the wineries are all representative of the area of Peljesac, so red wines are made from Plavac Mali ( Dingac, Postup) Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and other red grape varieties. You’ll also have the opportunity of tasting a Posip wines.
- When – Tours run from March through November, 7 days a week at 9:00am
- Meeting Point – At your hotel reception if not otherwise agreed
- Half day – 5.5 to 6 hrs approx.
- Size – Minimum attendance for tour to run 2 people to maximum 8 people
- Allergy friendly – Vegetarians and gluten free can be catered to
- Difficulty – A few hundred yards of walking, some stairs to see cellars (some winery bathrooms wheelchair friendly)
- Wines tasted – Typical Peljesac grape varieties Pošip, Plavac Mali, etc.
Please note that it is possible to purchase the products you taste directly at the producers. The producers also ship to the EU & USA. Dubrovnik Experience tour operator does not take responsibility for purchases made at the producers so all enquiries about shipments and so forth should be made to the producers themselves.
- Transportation in a comfortable air-conditioned car or van & professional guide
- Three winery visits, generous wine tastings (9-12 different wines during the tour), olive oil tastings, freshly made Iocal homemade meal at the konoba