Experience a wine tasting in two unique vinaries, including a lot of education, delicious wines & fun in one of Bosnia wine regions, Trebinje.
- Private excursion from Dubrovnik to the Trebinje with a guide commentary about the region
- Visit to 2 wineries in the Trebinje region with guided tastings of 3 to 5 wines at each winery
- Taste Zilavka, Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot wines
- Delicious food and wine pairing meal at the Vukoje winery
NOTE: hours are aproximate (becuse all tour are private and are designed for custumer needs and therefore exclusive with maximum flexsibility of custumer needs and request)
- 9:30 (or 17:00) – The first to Tvrdos Monastery , where wines have been made by monks since 15th Century, guided tour of monastery and wine tasting in their cellar. Please note that there is a dressing code to enter Monastery, no bare shoulders or mini skirts! Any cover will do, also Monastery lends some covers.
- 11:00 (or 18:30) – At the second winery – Vukoje wines, we will learn about the history of wine making in the Trebinje region.
First we shall visit the first vinyards of Zilavaka grapes, the „Emperor vineyard“ planted durnig the reign of Emperor Fraz Joseph of Austria and enjoy some tastings amidst the vineyards.
- 12:00 (or 19:30) – On our return to Trbinje you’ll see the Vukoje cellars and learn about the process of wine production of Zilavaka, Vranac, Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot wines and enyoing some lovely wine and food pairing menu in the vineyard own restaurant.
The wines tasted at the wineries are all representative of the area of Trebinje, so red wines are made from Vranac, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Syrah and other red grape varieties. You’ll also have the opportunity of tasting a Zilavka, Chardonnay, Malvasia Dubrovacka and other varieties.
- When – Tours run from March through November, 7 days a week at 9:00am
- Meeting Point – At your hotel reception if not otherwise agreed
- Half day – 5.5 to 6 hrs approx.
- Size – Minimum attendance for tour to run 2 people to maximum 8 people
- Allergy friendly – Vegetarians and gluten free can be catered to
- Difficulty – A few hundred yards of walking, some stairs to see cellars (some winery bathrooms wheelchair friendly)
- Wines tasted – Typical Trebinje grape varieties Zilavka, Chardonnay, Malvasia Dubrovacka, Vranac, Syrah, etc.
Please note that it is possible to purchase the products you taste directly at the producers. The producers also ship to the EU & USA. Dubrovnik Experience tour operator does not take responsibility for purchases made at the producers so all enquiries about shipments and so forth should be made to the producers themselves.
- Transfer & professional guide
- Two winery visits, generous wine tastings (7-10 different wines during the tour), 5 course food and wine menu, tappas style lunch (or dinner)